Women in Male-Dominated Industries: A Toolkit of Strategies. Australian Human Rights Commission. 2013.
The Competitive Advantage: A Business Case for Hiring Women in the Skilled Trades and Technical Professions, 2015, The Canadian Apprenticeship Forum
Trade HERizons, Women’s Network PEI: a project designed to increase the number of women in non-traditional trades and technology occupations on PEI.
Under-representation by Gender and Race in Apprenticeships: Research summary, UK, Newton and Williams, Institute for Employment Studies, 2013. The Trades Union Congress (TUC)
Women into Construction, an independent not-for-profit organization that promotes gender equality in construction in the UK.
Percentage of women in skilled trades shows little change in a decade, Construction News, 18 March 2022, by Tiya Thomas-Alexander
- Reclaim Holloway, campaigning for a Women’s Building to be built on the site of the largest women’s prison in Western Europe. Holloway was closed in 2016.
- Community Plan for Holloway, an independent campaign working to ensure the Islington community is at the heart of the redevelopment of Holloway Prison.
- “It’s a Women’s Centre on the site of a women’s prison. Why would we let women design it?” London in Bits, July 14, 2021
- ”Who Owns the Legacy of a Women’s Prison?” Anna Russell, The New Yorker, Sept 28, 2021
Media reports on the CIOB Diversity and Inclusion Charter
- “Amid labor shortages in construction, new reports expose failures in diversity and inclusion” Archnitect News, Dec 10, 2021
- “CIOB launches diversity and inclusion charter” Scottish Construction News, 26 Nov 2021
Canterbury New Zealand Rebuild
- Building back better- Utilising women’s labour in the Canterbury recovery 2013
- Getting it done: Utilising women’s skills in the workforce. Lessons from the Canterbury rebuild. A case study by the Ministry for Women, August 2015, New Zealand.
- 5 TIPS: New Zealand’s Strategic Lessons
- A Future Worth Building: What Tradeswomen say about the change they need in the construction industry, Hegewisch and Mefferd, 2021
- IWPR: Here to Stay: Black, Latina, and Afro-Latina Women in Construction Trades Apprenticeships and Employment, 2021
- IWPR: Child Care Supports For The Construction Trades: Building and Sustaining Diversity in Oregon. 2020
- IWPR: Women Gain Jobs in Construction Trades but Remain Underrepresented in the Field, 2020
- IWPR: Stronger Together: Union Membership Boosts Women’s Earnings and Economic Security
- Untapped Resources, Untapped Labor Pool: Using Federal Highway Funds to Prepare Women for Careers in Construction